3.04.2012

Southern Livin'


Howdy ya'll! Today was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't help but take advantage of the gorgeous scenery I found at the barn today. I have always been a cowgirl at heart, so this style of clothing is right up my alley. I decided to slip on some rugged cowgirl boots, some high-waisted shorts, a french-inspired tank, and a jean button-up shirt that plays on the "all-American girl" vibe. Since jean button-up shirts (especially asymmetrical styles) and high-waisted shorts are thriving right now, I decided to grab these easy looks from a local thrift store and cut and modernized them into something new :) By cutting the high-waisted pants into flirty shorts, and by cuffing the jean button-up shirt into a sweater, I was able to create a great girl-next-door look. 

Where to Wear This:
Ladies, this casual summer look is great to wear out and about with friends, off to lunch, or better yet, off to the barn like me ;) Rocking the red, white, and blue adds a fun, spirited look  during the summer, especially around the 4th of July! So start collecting these easy staples into your closets so you're prepared to work it all summer long :) 
kisses, Em

Jean Button-Up: Eddie Bauer. Tank: Realitee. Shorts: High Sierra, DIY. Belt: Thrift Store. Boots: Corral. Accessories: Nasty Gal, Brandy & Melville, TJ Maxx, Little Tibet.

No comments:

Post a Comment